Saturday, December 17, 2016

Pokemon Y Postgame: Once More unto the Breach

I didn't even know that there was a postgame bit in Pokemon Y until recently, when I saw Pokemon Generations episode 17.

Best Personal Time
It has been a long time since I have played my Y version game.  In the time between my Pokemon Y playthrough and the start of my Pokemon Moon playthrough, I have played through and Beaten Pokemon X twice, Pokemon Omega Ruby, much of Pokemon Red, all of Pokemon Yellow, and Pokemon Blue via speedrun.  When I played competitively, I used the endgame state from Omega Ruby.  I'm so far removed that I'm no longer on the same planet as Pokemon Y anymore.  But even so, I had this compulsive desire to complete that endgame.  Obviously, I have major psychological issues--namely in reference to leaving things in the forever state of "incomplete".

And that is how I found myself blowing the dust off the Pokemon Y cartridge that I had erroneously marked as completed.

Let's start with squad building.

I pulled up my list of prior teammates: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Flareon, Hippowdon, Lucario, Pikachu, Dragalge, Scrafty, and Aerodactyl.  I decided to exclude Venusaur since I have, since defeating the Chapion, changed his moveset to use him as a support pokemon for seeking out horde pokemon with hidden abilities.  On the other hand, I excluded Knives because he is level 100.  Greninja is not optional.

Current Squad:


Greninja/Froakles/lvl 93
Pikachu/PikaPi/lvl 61
Flareon/Rox/lvl 57
Hippowdon/Leviathan/ lvl 66
Dragalge/Toxie/lvl 52
Aerodactyl/Scarydactyl/lvl 51




Time for the

Pokemon White Y Moon Y Postgame Playthrough

Once more unto the breach, my pokemon friends--or close the wall up with our dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment