Monday, December 5, 2016

The Brooklet Hill Trial

I had been warned well in advance that my next trial would be a water trial, so I made sure to choose pokemon that would work well given the circumstance.  The squad that I came up with looks good on paper.  The problem is that I have never actually used three of these pokemon (Bagon, Bounsweet, and Sylveon) in battle...Hence the name:


Battle Squad 3: "Experimental Uncertainty"



Brooklet Hill was home to a wide variety of pokemon including Paras, Fomantis, and Poliwag.  I was able to catch one of each for my pokedex.  I also encountered Psyduck and eventually added it, as well, to my collection after 20 minutes of it prolonging the battle by calling for reinforcements.  It took so many extra turns, as a matter of fact, that Bounsweet grew three levels during the battle and evolved into the adorably spunky pokemon Steenee.




A Captain named Lana intercepted me early along the route and gave me a Lapras poke-ride pager to allow me to surf out onto the waters of the route.  Brooklet Kill is a downward-sloping series of pools and waterfalls which eventually feeds into the ocean and something was disturbing the waters.  Lana asked me to investigate the splashing...



In a stunningly boring turn of events, it was not the red Gyarados that I had expected it to be, but the pokemon Wishiwashi.  Wishiwashi is a new Alolan Pokemon that resembes a sad little sardine.  The only move it used in battle against me was Aqua Ring.  Obviously, I caught it in the end.

Lana directed me to a second splashing spot, musing aloud about wanting the opportunity to save a spry young swimmer.  I made my way to the second suspicious splashing area deeper into the craggy falls.  It was another Wishiwashi.

Once again, I defeated it and once again, Lana directed me to a splashing noise deeper into the glade.  This time she expressed real disappointment about the severe lack of beautiful male swimmers that she hasn't been able to save thus far.

The rain began to fall and the thunder had started to roll as I continued my Wishiwashi-slaughtering tour of Brooklet Hill.  Lana said that Kyogre was here.  Whether she meant in spirit or in true physical presence, I could not be sure, but the dark skies and the increasingly-treacherous rain seemed to speak of the presence of something deep and old.


As I passed through the trial gate, Lana formally introduced herself as the Captain of Brooklet Hills.  She said I would have to defeat the very personification of the seas as my opponent in her trial.  She directed me towards the final pool--and the final splashing spot contained within.

To be continued...











No comments:

Post a Comment