Thursday, December 29, 2016

Pokemon Y Playthrough: Mimi and FriendofMimi

Looker told me to come back later, so I decided it might be a good idea to re-acquaint myself with my pokemon.  I found a restaurant that specialized in double battles and ordered up a several-course meal and series of pokemon battles.  Please, it is what it sounds like and just allow me to skip over the explanation.

After the mealmatch (seriously, I'm not making this up), I got my call from Looker--we had our first case.

Chapter Two: Suspicious Alleys

The request was a letter from a concerned mother.  She was concerned about the growing number of children hanging out in the alleyways in Paris...erhm...Lumiose City.  She mentioned her concerns, specifically, for her precious honor role child whom she wants to go do a top Ace Trainer Academy.

All the sighs.

Looke rtold me to start in the Southern Boulevard.  It was there that I found the alley in question.  It was filled withPreschool trainers with greatly over-leveled pokemon.

Don't worry, Froakles is used to tight spaces.
My first battle was against a little girl who carried a level 53 Swinub and a level 53 Bonsley.  Are you kidding me?!  Next was a level 55 Igglybuff.  Ultimately I fought a little boy with a level 56 Spiritomb.  Christ, if I was eight years old with a level 56 Spiritomb, I don't know what I would do. Fuck, this kid must get all the preschool tail...or whatever the equivalent of "tail" is in preschool...coloring books?  I mean, for sure I wouldn't be hanging out in some crumby alley.

At the end of the gauntlet of the Children of the Damned, I found an Epurr named Mimi and a human who only referred to herself as "friend of Mimi".  Looker soon join

ed us and FriendofMimi explained that she lives there with Mimi.  Mimi is not her pokemon, though, because FriendofMimi is too poor to afford a pokeball.

Wow.  I had forgotten that this sort of issue would exist.  Even if you want to be theverybestlikenooneeverwastocatchthemismyrealtesttotrainthemismycause, this doesn't mean anything if you can't catch pokemon because you're poor.  Pokemon has a socio-economic component to it--and for some people, it might just be financially impossible to be theverybestlikenooneeverwastocatchthemismyrealtesttotrainthemismycause.

Looker offered Mimi and friendofMimi a home at his bureau working as his assistants, but Mimi ran off.  It would be my job to find and befriend Mimi.


Current Squad:

Greninja/Froakles/lvl 94
Pikachu/PikaPi/lvl 63
Flareon/Rox/lvl 59
Hippowdon/Leviathan/ lvl 67
Dragalge/Toxie/lvl 54
Aerodactyl/Scarydactyl/lvl 53

No comments:

Post a Comment