Monday, March 14, 2011

Red Shifting Pokemon

After getting over my initial horror over the opening cinematic I finally booted up the game and selected the name "Jack" because it reflects my badassitude and general disregard of "the rules" and "the man".

I was immediately introduced to my two friends (a statement that seems increasingly more nonsensical the more I re-read it) who I did not get to name "Gary" and "Jerkface"...there's a girl named Bianca and a guy named Cheren. The "Oak of the moment": Professor Juniper sent us all a nicely wrapped gift of pokemon to "start our journey". Apparently this game isn't even giving you the illusion that this adventure is spontaneous.

I chose Tepig, the fire pig pokemon because Oshawatt the otter is absolutely ugly--and seriously--look at this guy! An absolute Scoochie-woochie (a word my little brother made up to describe the adorable Ratattas in Yellow version) if I do say so myself...

I named him "Red" because there isn't enough room for "Waggleton P. Tallylicker III". I still regret not naming him "Pignition"...

So after battling not just one of, but both of my rivals (thereby destroying my room at home), we were off to do the usual tasks of acquiring pokedex (is that plural?), learning how to catch pokemon, etc. Incidentally I realized that whenever I send my Tepig out into battle the selection is "Red--> Shift". Which makes me laugh because its proof that the pokeverse is expanding! (That was a science joke).

Current squad:

No comments:

Post a Comment