Monday, March 14, 2011

Nacrene City at Last!

After finally catching my Purrloin and training it up, I'm starting to realize with a certain bit of disappointment that it kind of sucks. I guess this should not have come as much of a surprise to me considering how often I've seen other trainers carrying it up to now but the result--frustration--is still the same.  This begs Nintendo to say something about the ratio between a Pokemon's "usefulness in battle" and "difficulty to find". 

As the title suggests I have just arrived at Nacrene City where the second gymleader resides and to be honest the road was quite long--and was made noticeably longer by my meddling friends, who just would not leave me alone.

I was excited to come across my first cave and immediately went inside...then three minutes later I came right back out again because I needed "Surf" to get anywhere in it. I know you want me to come back to earlier areas Nintendo, but could you at least put up a sign, "Don't bother getting your hopes up beyond this point"?

Along the way I replaced my final two Growlie's with a Rock type called "Roggenrola" (I really hope this isn't a rock-and-roll pun) who I named "Rock Jock" and a flyer named "Pidove" whom I accidentally just named "A"...just "A". Noteworthy to state that I had some serious trouble making the current squad badge (at the bottom of the page) this time because Roggenrola doesn't have a face or really any appendages at all. Its just a rock. I wish I could come up with a joke for this but it's seriously just a rock!

Right after this I fought a trainer whose opening comment was "You can never have too many Lilipup!" which I found to be hilarious given my situation--and he closed with, "I don't think I have enough Lilipup."  You have no idea...

I haven't gone 30 steps without either Cheren or Bianca bugging me about something--I wonder if that will become less annoying as I continue playing...

Current Squad:

No comments:

Post a Comment