Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gym Leader Lenora's Boring Pokemon!

Nacrene City is located just outside the game's first forest and just north of a bog. Naturally I decided that it was time to catch new pokemon and left for the forest where I was immediately blocked by about 20 team plasma guys standing there, clearly waiting for me to beat the town gymleader.

I went back to town and found the gym--located in the basement of a museum--and was stopped by the "Champ-in-making guy" (who seems to pop-up in every game) who said that Lenora uses Normal-type pokemon--basically that she has no hopes and dreams and that her life is just a nightmarish bore. He went on to hint that I should look for some special fighting-type pokemon in the aforementioned bog.


Remembering the last time this game hinted that I go do something else before a big gym battle, I decided to take his advice and combed the swamp for new pokemon.


Now, there are three fighting pokemon that I found in the area: Timburr, Sawk, and Throh (clockwise at left)...Which one of these would you honestly allow onto your squad? Throh and Sawk are the same pokemon and Timburr is just absolutely repulsive...are those veins? What is this game rated?

Deciding that if I couldn't beat NORMAL pokemon with my current team then I didn't deserve to even play anymore, I returned to the gym. Lenora carried a Herdier and a Watchog, so she may as well have just given me the badge up front. Her first mistake was using only Normal Pokemon and mistakes 2 through 79 all involve the fact that she was basically carrying two Raticate.

Honestly though, I'm surprised that Lenora didn't say something like, "Oh you didn't catch a fighting pokemon like we asked you to? Then I guess that means you'll be fighting my sister, Steelio the Steel Pokemon trainer instead as punishment, HAW-HEE-HAW-HEE-HAW!"

As it were, Herdier is the evolution of Lilipup, so I guess my Growlithe hypothesis was completely wrong...also this is the second gym out of two so far with a form of Lilipup...sensing a trend...

Before I could even save my game after the battle, team plasma attacked that very Museum and stole a Dragon skull. No clue why having that particular skull will free pokemon from their trainers but surely that will be explained in excruciating detail after I whip their bums.

Cheren and Bianca then showed up AGAIN because they realized I was just starting to have fun and in the ensuing battle, Tepig evolved into Pignite.

Current Squad:

No comments:

Post a Comment