Friday, March 18, 2011

Drastic Measures

So my playthrough has recently hit its first major roadblock--the Nimbasa City gym. Elsa is an electric pokemon user and she has done an excellent job of picking my team apart. Up until now I never realized that my team is weak against flying pokemon--and how could I? The most powerful fliers I have experienced up to this point, I've been able to take care of by walling them out with "Rock Jock" (who most recently evolved into Boldore) and retaliating with super-effective rock attacks. This is not an option anymore.

The typical way of assaulting electric types is to send out a ground pokemon and set-up while it spins its wheels. Against Elsa's Emolga, who are flying/electric, this is made difficult. Elsa has two Emolga and one Zebstrika, each with the move, "Volt Switch". Volt Switch is the real problem--its an electric move that deals damage, then immediately allows the user to switch-out to another pokemon. Elsa's pokemon abuse this move--and make it impossible to set-up against her. It's impossible to fight and beat each individual--you have to fight the entire team at once.

I have battled her and lost six times.

Most recently I had a flawless strategy--I put her Emolga to sleep with "Pinky", then proceeded to send in "Rock Jock" to use "Iron Defense" to boost my defense to the max. I saw victory in my grasp! Turns out that "Volt Switch" is a special attack, so these boosts were pointless and I lost just like every other time.

As a result, I have been forced to take drastic measures. I have begun construction of a new team--each member handpicked from my list of available pokemon--and each member designed to pick her electric team apart.

And with this new team, Elsa and I both will have the fight of our lives.

Swadloon evolved into Leavanny--who, while being amazing and having the highest attacking stat in my team--is crushed by the flying-typed Emolga.

Current Squad:

No comments:

Post a Comment