Friday, November 25, 2016

Ignoring the Mission

This same thing happened around this time in my last playthrough: Y version.  Because I'm trying to be a Pokemon Master and not just a Pokemon Trainer, it is important to me to seek out and find new pokemon.  As Blue says, "While I was out working on my Pokedex, I searched everywhere for strong pokemon.  I specifically looked for those teams that could beat any pokemon type--and now I'm standing right here at the top of the pokemon league."  I always did relate most to Blue.  Probably because I'm an incredible genius.  See also: arrogance.

I was able to get Machop by trading off one of my Spearow.  I was also able to grab an evolution of one of the pokemon favorites I used in my competitive days: Vullaby.  I caught an Alola Diglett (a Ground/Steel type in this form), as well as Mankey, Delibird, and the Bug/Fairy pokemon Cutiefly.

What I'm supposed to be doing is helping Ilima and the Professor Kukui find the Office Supplies Bandit.  Her Purple Puffball, "Nebby" has gone missing again.  I wonder how long this will serve as all-purpose filler material for this game.

I passed over a rocky mountainside and found the most magical meadow I have ever seen.  It was in this meadow that I made my next major capture.

The pokemon is called Oricorio and apparently its form changes depending on what flower nectar it has most recently eaten.  This one looked a lot like a cheerleader, so I named it Ori-Chan.  It's an electric/flying pokemon and I might alternate it with Pichu on my team.  Pichu has started having trouble and I want it to take a less involved role--at least until I can find a Thunderstone so that I could evolve it directly into Raichu.

I suppose I should get back to this task...right after I capture this Petilil.

Current Squad:
Popplio/Pako Pako/lvl 15
Yungoos/Chompy/lvl 13
Pikipek/Pip Pip/lvl 13
Pichu/Rai Rai/lvl 13
Misdreavus/Missy/lvl 13
Growlithe/Growlie/lvl 14
On Rotation:
Oricorio/Ori-Chan/lvl 17
Grimer/Sludj/lvl 12
Slowpoke/Pokey/lvl 14
Rattata/Snackers/lvl 14
Pokedex: 37 caught

No comments:

Post a Comment