Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Paralyzed by Choice (and by Thundershock)

Room full of Delibirds...nothing suspicious here.
And now I have Growlithe and it's time to fix up my team.  My first instinct is to remove either Rattata or Yungoos because they each perform the same basic role: kinda quick normal-type attacker. Whenever I get close to deciding between one of them, I see how dang cute they both are and I can't help but second guess myself.

Let's see who I have right now.  Popplio, Pichu, Pikipek, Misdreavus--those have to stay because of how diverse they all are.  I also have Grimer, Slowpoke, Rattata, Yungoos, and Growlithe.  I need to get rid of one and I'm inclined to point to Rattata or Yungoos.  But then again, Slowpoke has never been anything but an annoyance for me.  The only thing that is stopping me from tossing the Dopey thing is that I fancy using a Slowking at some point...

Is it insane to use nine pokemon?  I may have to for the time being...
______________
Pichu has recently learned Sweet Kiss, and if it were not for the move's unreliable accuracy, I would be abusing it a lot more.  Sweet Kiss has an accuracy of 75% and causes confusion.  One of my favorite maneuvers these days is to proc paralysis and then confusion.  This is a strategy called "Parafusion" and it has been around for quite a few generations of the game.  Paralyzed pokemon fail to attack 1/3 of the time and confused pokemon fail to move 1/2 of the time.  As a result of both of these, a pokemon that is both confused and paralyzed will only successfully attack once out-of-three turns.  This plus Pichu's "Charm" move (which harshly lowers an opponent's attack) makes Rai Rai a worthy, if a little weak, pokemon.  Chicanery and misdirection are my favorite strategies (part of the reason I fancy myself a "poison-type trainer"), and Pichu fits in juuuuust fine.

I made my way through Route 2 via a pokemon graveyard (spooky) and across a berry field.  There, I met Team Skull again.  It seems as though I'm just taking the Team Skull Alola sightseeing tour.

Another battle against Team Skull, another easy victory.  I hope things start to get difficult again at some point...

Current Squad:
Popplio/Pako Pako/lvl 11
Yungoos/Chompy/lvl 11
Pikipek/Pip Pip/lvl 11
Pichu/Rai Rai/lvl 11
Misdreavus/Missy/lvl 11
Growlithe/Growlie/lvl 10

On Rotation:
Grimer/Sludj/lvl 11
Slowpoke/Pokey/lvl 11
Rattata/Snackers/lvl 11
Pokedex: 23 caught

No comments:

Post a Comment