Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Verdant Cave Trial

I regrouped with Trial Captain Ilima at the mouth of the Verdant Cave.  Ilima warned me that I would not be able to quit my challenge once I began, so I made sure to choose a balanced and worthy team for the ordeal.
Battle Team 1

The Verdant Cave Trial was a challenge to defeat the three Rattata guardians of the cave and then retrieve the Z Crystal in the inner sanctum.  Normally an easy task, I could not have anticipated that each of my foes would have a powerful move that would exceed their level.  The first Rattata had Hyper Fang at level 11; the second had Super Fang at that same level; the third Rattata was actually a Raticate.  Since all of my pokemon were around level 11 and one was completely useless (Misdreavus only knows Psychic and Ghost moves--which the dark/normal type Alola Rattata are immune to), I had to rely on Sludj the Grimer to stall them out until they succumb to poison damage.
Team Skull showed up along the way and it's official: they're my favorite villainous gang ever.  They're funny.  I know when this game series tries to do humor, they tend to fall somewhere between "they mostly live in Minnesota" and "I'll use my frying pan as a drying pan", so for me to say this means something.



Having defeated all three guardians, I made my way into the inner Sanctum.


"Raticate, the totem pokemon of Verdant Cave, has appeared."

No comments:

Post a Comment