Saturday, November 12, 2016

Preparations

One thing has kept me from hurling myself off the Harvard Bridge this week.


I've been occupying myself these past few days by making Science sections for the ACT and by getting myself increasingly more hyped up about Pokemon 7.  I already have moon version preordered.  I have time budgeted into my schedule to devote exclusively to the game.  

I mean, fuck, I need a diversion.

I remember how excited I was when Pokemon 6 came out about this time years long ago.  I know I'll never feel it the way I did when Pokemon 2 and Pokemon 3 came out, but I would describe it as a different kind of excitement.  The excitement about meeting up with an old friend and learning about what crazy adventures they have been having.  I'm ready to be taken on another adventure.  I'm ready to explore this new world.

I've chosen the name "August" for this playthrough.  It's a summery and seasoned name that plays off the sunny Island theme of the game.  I originally considered playing as "Darien" again, but I wanted to differentiate him form my previous characters.  August also brings to mind "the veteran".  I have modeled my character image after exactly this visage.

And honestly, you know exactly who I'm going to choose as my partner pokemon (I have taken that Pledge of Water, after all), but the choices are Rowlet the Grass/Flying Owl, Litten the Fire Kitty, and Popplio the Water Circus Seel.

They are each so cute.  It will be a hard choice (who are we kidding? I chose my pokemon months ago!).  But if Litten turns out to be another Fire/Fighting pokemon, I'm going to stab someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment