Thursday, November 21, 2013

Spooky Ghosties

Well, this honestly scared me a little bit.

As I was concluding my exploration of Lumiose City, I found myself in the Northern District at an inauspicious, unmarked building.  The first floor was populated by the typical fare: people who were all to eager to talk about their favorite pokemon Skitty or how using the item X Attack is a really good idea if you're in a pinch.

I took the elevator to the second floor and stepped into the room.  At this point, my 3DS screen went black and the formerly cheery music turned off.  When my 3DS turned back on, a Hex Maniac trainer (pictured above) appeared behind me in the elevator (I had no control over my character at this point) and floated around the room a bit before telling me that I "wasn't the one" and disappeared from the floor.  The regular music resumed and I couldn't find her anymore.

I think I pissed myself a bit.  (Link brings you to a youtube video of someone else going through the event--seriously click it, its pretty weird.)

Possibly related: I found another Hex Maniac in another Lumiose City building who told me to stop talking to her because she needed to be listening for the elevator...
_________________________
I have been screwing around a lot more than usual for the past few days trying to catch and train up some interesting pokemon to fill up that pokedex.  Along the way, I was able to find a "Light Ball" for my Pikachu to hold (an item which doubles Pikachu's Special Attack and Attack stats), so I think egoraptor's Pikachu drawing applies to "PikaPi" at this point:
The Route North of Lumiose City leads through a bog full of interesting Water, Poison, and Water/Ground pokemon and I was able to catch Haunter, Quagsire, Skorupi, Carnivine, Poliwhirl, Barboach, as well as a weird new Dragon-type named Goomey.  While Haunter is in my list of top 10 pokemon, I am really quite content with the way my team looks right now.

Along the route, the Pokemon Thieves Gang met-up at a spooky Haunted House to listen to an old man tell a Ghost Story about some person being met by a horde of Slendermen (Slenderman's?), so Pokemon Y has now officially turned into a Survival Horror game.

As I made it into Laverre City, my Ivysaur evolved into Venusaur and Hippopotas evolved into Hippowdon.  The interesting thing, though, is that my Hippopotas evolved into a shiny Hippowdon, meaning that I am an idiot for not realizing that the Hippopotas that I caught just happened to be shiny this whole time.  This was the perfect end to a rather spooky gaming session.

Current Squad:
FROGADIER/Froakles/lvl.33
VENUSAUR/Venus/lvl.35
FLAREON/Hotfoot/lvl.34
SKRELP/Toxie/lvl.35
HIPPOWDON*/Leviathan/lvl.34
AERODACTYL/Scarydactyl/lvl.33

On Rotation: Pikachu, Gardevoir, Scraggy, Lucario

No comments:

Post a Comment