Monday, November 11, 2013

The Mega-Evolution Descendent

After I swept her team with Scarydactyl, Korrina told me she would like a true battle with me as two Mega-Evolution users and ran off to the Tower of Mastery.  I ignored the fact that I have already beaten her twice (I mean, how many times do I have to prove myself anyways?) and instead focused on something she called herself, "Mega-Evolution Descendent" or something like that.

I made my way to the Tower of Lucario to fight her for our re-rematch and the Mega-Evolution Guru--erhm, Steve--told me she was the Mega-Evolution Successor and that she was upstairs.  What the hell does that mean?  Mega-Evolution Successor?  Those words mean nothing together!

I found Korrina at the top and she gave me the special snap-on, bejeweled Mega bracelet which would allow me to evolve my pokemon.  There, one of the two Lucarios (which, to me, sounds like a delicious breakfast cereal) she had with her asked her if it could battle her on my side.  Mutiny! Hahaha!

So I entered-into a battle against Korrina with her Level 32 Lucario--and I got my first taste of Mega-Evolution.  The way it works is if you have the special Livestrong Mega Bracelet on and your pokemon is holding a special stone (in this case it was called Lucarionite), you can choose an option to Mega-Evolve before your attack from the battle screen.

Of course I chose to test this out, evolving Lucario into Mega-Lucario.  After transforming, Lucario's stats in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed increased by 1.5x.  His ability changed to "Adaptability" which changes the Same Type as Attack Bonus (STAB) from 1.5x to 2.0x (fighting and steel attacks increased in power).  Finally, he changed his appearance by changing the color of his paws.  It's these big changes that are the ones that count I guess.

After the battle (which ended in exactly two turns) I got to keep the Lucario, who I named "Knives" and stuck in the box until the rest of my team gained enough levels to use him.  Hopefully by then I will know what to do about the 11 pokemon in my team!

Wait a second!  FLASHBACK...
   
Two Weeks Earlier...
I've got to go try this out.

Current Squad:
FROGADIER/Froakles/lvl.26
IVYSAUR/Ivy/lvl.25
FLAREON/Hotfoot/lvl.25
FLOETTE/Summer/lvl.25
SCRAGGY/Scrappy/lvl.25
AERODACTYL/Scarydactyl/lvl.27

On Rotation: Kirlia, Pikachu, Hippopotas, Lucario

No comments:

Post a Comment