Sunday, November 3, 2013

Hawlucha

Well, I think I found my favorite pokemon of the new generation!
Hawlucha is a Fighting/Flying type pokemon modeled after the lucha libre wrestling phenomenon of Central America--taking on the signature costume design and high-flying wrestling tactics of the same.  And he is freaking freaking freaking freaking awesome.  I don't think I have been so completely sold on the design of any one pokemon for a long time...as a matter of fact, I think the last pokemon I LOVED the design of was Milotic (and Sharpedo, for that matter).  Sure, I've liked many of the pokemon since Sapphire version, but I liked them in more of the way I liked the design of...say...Jolteon.  I like Jolteon and I think it is cool, but you won't see it in my top ten.  Hawlucha, YOU have made the cut.
________________________

I made my way north of Cyllage City to train Flareon (whom I have not actually used in battle yet) and to explore a little more and found myself in a stone garden not unlike stone henge.  All the trainers in the area had something to say about how important and powerful the rocks were, but I really don't see what they could mean by this.

Of course Team Flare was there.

In between talking about how much they hate puppies and the laughter of children, Team Flare dropped a few hints about some 3000 year-old legend.  I had no clue what they were talking about, but I am absolutely certain that it will all be explained in EXCRUCIATING detail very, very soon.

On my way into Geosenge City, I caught Yanma, Electrike, Sigilyph, Snubbull, Emolga , and (after three failed attempts) Hawlucha.  I am really tempted to bring-in Hawlucha over Aerodactyl, but I feel like adding another pokemon with a Flying or Ice weakness on this team would be me asking to be rolled-over.

As I stumbled around town, I found myself in battle with a trainer named "Leader Korinna" who used two Lucario.  I had met her before, but this is the first time I battled her--and it wasn't until I had defeated BOTH of her Lucario with "Hotfoot" the Flareon that I realized that she must be a gymleader.

I think I just earned a gym badge without even knowing it.

Current Squad:
FROGADIER/Froakles/lvl.22
IVYSAUR/Ivy/lvl.22
FLAREON/Hotfoot/lvl.22
FLOETTE/Pixie/lvl.21
SCRAGGY/Scrappy/lvl.22
AERODACTYL/Scarydactyl/lvl.22

On Rotation: Kirlia, Pikachu, Hippopotas

No comments:

Post a Comment