Thursday, November 28, 2013

Over Rock and Under Tree

The road to Anistar City, and surely my next disappointingly easy gym battle, took me through an ice cave called the "Frost Cave" and over a snowy mountain that was most likely called "Snowy Mountain".
_________________________________
I do have to admit that I love exploring all the dungeons in this game--and ice caves are a kind of guilty pleasure of mine.  Of course they all end up having that one predictable sliding-on-the-ice minigame, but I actually like that one (see also: Conveyer Belt minigame.  But fuck you, teleporter game).
 ______________________________


The reason I was rerouted into the Frost Cavern is because the only other way East is through a snowy path in the mountains that can only be crossed by riding on the back of a Mamoswine.  Very Cool.  Apparently the Mamoswine in question was feeling down in the dumps and the only way I could make him feel better was to go through the Frost Cavern.  Very Uncool.

Frost Cavern was full of interesting Ice pokemon, including a new pokemon called Bergmite whom I caught easily--and at the end, the big revelation was that Team Flare was behind the whole mess! >GASP<

Apparently Team Flare was picking on a resident Abomasnow (most likely for being a stupid Sesame Street muppet) and I had to fight them off to make the Abomasnow feel better--and therefore to make the Mamoswine feel better.

After I made the Abomasnow feel better, it gave me "Abomasnowite" (which I assume mega-evolves Abomasnow) and I made my way East on the back of a Mamoswine.  Along the way, "Scrappy" the Scraggy evolved into "Scrappy" the Scrafty.

Current Squad:
GRENINJA/Garcon/lvl.40
VENUSAUR/Venus/lvl.38
FLAERON/Hotfoot/lvl.38
SCRAFTY/Scrappy/lvl.39
HIPPOWDON*/Leviathan/lvl.40
AERODACTYL/Scarydactyl/lvl.41

On Rotation: Gardevoir, Pikachu, Lucario, Skrelp

No comments:

Post a Comment