Saturday, December 7, 2013

Yveltal!

I had just enough time to save my game before Yveltal emerged from its cocoon.  I know that this pokemon was cranky after its slumber because it attacked the first thing it saw: me.

Oh, so that's where the "Y" comes in!  It's all starting to come together now...  I guess the title screen should have given it away to me, but as we have already decided: I am a huge moron.

Legendary Pokemon Yveltal Catch Attempt #1:
Since this was my first attempt at catching a legendary pokemon in "Y-version" I really had no clue what to expect.  I know that the 2-minute cutscene of Yveltal screeching and flexing its muscles was meant to show-off its power, but I wasn't sure if this was going to be a repeat of the Y-version gym battles or not.  Would this be a simple battle or a rough slog?

Yveltal started the battle by killing every single pokemon in my team before I could throw one Ultraball...Okay, time to get serious.

Legendary Pokemon Yveltal Catch Attempt #The Second One:
I decided to stop screwing around and opened with Pikachu and used Thunderbolt to try to take off a big chunk of its health...wait too much...please stop going down...I killed it in one hit...damn...

Legendary Pokemon Yveltal Catch Attempt #C:
Fine, so its one of those "everything-or-nothing" matches huh?  I tightened my belt and decided to take a chance with Nuzzle+Electroball to Paralyze it, then weaken it just enough to keep it alive.  Luck was on my side--Yveltal was now Paralyzed and at an HP level in the red.  Now, its a matter of staying lucky by keeping alive long enough for one of my Ultraballs to bring it in.  Go Ultraball! ... Nope.

Three turns and three Ultraballs later Pikachu is gone and so is Venusaur, but Ultraball #4: Passes the first check, the second check, the third check, the fourth check, caught!  And on the fourth Ultraball too!  Legendaries have either gotten a lot easier to catch (how many Ultraballs did I waste on Mewtwo before I decided to burn my Masterball, anyways?) or I'm just awesome.

Current Squad:
GRENINJA/Froakles/lvl.42
VENUSAUR/Venus/lvl.41
FLAREON/Hotfoot/lvl.42
SCRAFTY/Scrappy/lvl.41
HIPPOWDON*/Leviathan/lvl.43
AERODACTYL/Scarydactyl/lvl.40

On Rotation: Gardevoir, Lucario, Pikachu, Skrelp

No comments:

Post a Comment