Saturday, December 7, 2013

Super Secret Team Flare HQ: Top Secret

I found Team Flare's Secret Underground Headquarters in the rock-gazebo to the North of the town (exactly where I chased that Grunt I found after I got my second badge).  Team Flare really struck me more as the kind of group that would shell out the money for a moon base.  My Rival Serena was already there waiting for me and followed me down the elevator.  I guess this is it!

Lysandre was waiting for us at the bottom with more expository dialogue to explain the plot to me.  Apparently the legendary pokemon Yveltal is being used to power the device--which is currently charging and at around 99% power.  Here is where Lysandre showed his hand: not only are all the people except Team Flare going to be killed, but all of the pokemon in the world as well, including his own.  Lysandre started crying about this and I'm wondering if he actually told his Gyarados at any point in time.  I imagine a Gyarados would have a few things to say if it knew it was being used by Lysandre to secure its own destruction.  I imagine it would be quite cross with him...

Lysandre admitted that he didn't need to beat me anymore--just to delay me enough so that the machine reaches 100%.  The following battle was actually quite difficult: Lysandre lead with a Mienshao which wrecked my team, but after I brought in Hippopotas to tank all of his High Jump Kicks, I eventually stalled it to death.  Pikachu ate his Gyarados alive despite a huge 10-level difference and Greninja took on Pyroar.  Pikachu then reprised his role of "Destroyer" against Lysandre's Honchcrow.  I may be renaming PikaPi "Pikamonster".

Serena followed me down to the lowest sub-level of the facility via a stairwell packed with Team Flare double battles for the two of us to take-on, and at the bottom, we found the chamber housing Yveltal.  Oh, and a few other Team Flare battles for me to warm-up with.

Current Squad:
GRENINJA/Froakles/lvl.41
VENUSAUR/Venus/lvl.41
FLAREON/Hotfoot/lvl.42
SCRAFTY/Scrappy/lvl.41
HIPPOWDON*/Leviathan/lvl.43
AERODACTYL/Scarydactyl/lvl.40

On Rotation: Gardevoir, Skrelp, Pikachu, Lucario

No comments:

Post a Comment