Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dragon

Originally, I had planned to battle Steelio the Steel-Type Elite Four Trainer before Drasma's Dragons, but I realized my squad was a lot stronger against Dragons than Steel pokemon--especially if one of those steel types happens to be Scizor...<shudder>


I wanted to keep Greninja and Gardevoir at full health for as long as possible in this match.  I wanted to be able to move them in for an easy revenge kill in case the match started going sour, so I lead with Hippowdon.  I didn't expect the sandhippo to do much: maybe a little Sandstorm damage, maybe put the first pokemon to sleep before it is taken out.

However, luck was with me and her first pokemon was the Poison/Dragon typed Dragalge.  Hippowdon was just bulky enough to survive one Surf attack and countered with a knockout Earthquake.


Her next pokemon was Altaria.  After my battle against Serena, I knew Altaris would be too slow for my Greninja, so I sent out Froakles for the One-Hit KO Ice Beam.

Next came a particularly bulky Druddigon which took several turns of Gardevoir's Fairy-type attack to remove since Drasna kept spamming her Full Restores whenever her pokemon got injured.  All through this time, the sandstorm was whittling my own health away, so I was glad when Druddigon finally fainted as the sandstorm subsided.

Her final pokemon was Noivern, which outsped my Greninja, but failed to KO it in one hit--Greninja retaliated with one final Ice Beam to end the incredibly boring match of the boring one-hit-KO's.
_________________
Score that match: 6-0
Hyper Potions: 20 -1
Revives: 24
_________________
Current Squad Status:
GRENINJA/Froakles/lvl.57
VENUSAUR/Venus/lvl.56
FLAREON/Rox/lvl.55
LUCARIO/Knives/lvl.56
HIPPOWDON/Leviathan/lvl.55
GARDEVOIR/Missy/lvl.56

Sidelines: Pikachu, Dragalge, Scrafty, Aerodactyl

No comments:

Post a Comment