Sunday, November 17, 2019

Spooky Wolf Forest

With the plot on the run, Hop and I took off towards the Spooky Forest. I was mostly happy to get to start training up Cheeto. He learned a move called Branch Poke and eventually also Razor Leaf. Mine has a Quiet Nature (which has boosted Special Attack), but Grookey seems to be heavily favoring physical moves and stats, so my first guess is that this wonderful monkey is gonna get eal jacked up real fast as he evolves.

I battled the squirrel Pokémon that PokeTips Mike had predicted would be in this game based on the trailers. It is an adorably chubby-cheeked Pokémon named Skwovet. I also battled a cool looking borb that was named Rookidee. I want one.

As we trekked deeper into the fog, we were set upon by a red and blue wolf Pokémon. It was remarkably similar to the Pokémon on the box for the game. I could not communicate this through the fourth wall to my player character though, so he set upon battling it. None of Grookey’s moves had any effect on it and it kept making the fog thicken...
________________________________________
I am really liking the Pokémon designs in this game. There don’t seem to be any that Ihave found that seem half-assed (*cough* Pansear/pour/sage, Cryogonal *cough*) like all of Gen 5 was (fight me). Later on, I would encounter Blipbug, Chewtle, and Nickit and I really like how they are just complicated enough. There are no wasted details and the colour and shapes match what one might expect to see from nature. There are just enough extraneous or alien details in order to keep he creature fantastical-looking. The only Pokémon whose design I really dislike is Yamper, but I know that I am in the minority there. Plus, even though I dislike its design, I think that it is effective and simple and smart.



I am very happy that I have been able to keep myself completely spoiler free on this game. I hope that I can continue to remain unspoiled in the weeks to come. I don’t want to rush through this game and we know that YouTube in general is out to get me and expose all the Pokémon to me in the worst, most clickable thumbnails. Wish. Me. Luck.

_________________________________________
With the spooky forest subplot at its dead-end for the time being, my character was ushered off to meet the professor of the moment, Magnolia. I also met her assistant Sophie who apparently has some history with Leon. Whether this is just history or sexy history is yet to be seen, but I mean look at him it’s definitely sexy history.

I caught Kit-Kat the Nickit, then Kit Kat the Nickit, then Kat Kit the Nickit because I kept finding stronger or better versions of them as I explored. I may just lean in and make this an all Dark types team because between the three Nickit and the Purrloin and Galar Zigzagoon that I found, I’m really deep in the dark already. I caught a Chewtle as a water type (I love its silly overbite), caught a Blipbug and evolved it already into the Bug/Psychic type Dottler, and then Skwovet.

Beat Up: the most ruthless move in Pokémon.

I also caught a Rookidee (Chirpy), which is a PURE FLYING TYPE (mind fucking blown). This is only the third Pokémon in existence to have this typing, the other two being the legendaries  Arceus and Tornadus. I am wondering if all starter birds are also retroactively being classified as pure flying. I wonder if Swellow is now just a Pure Flying type...

One other thing I have noticed is that the exp share is always on. I wonder if this will become bothersome as time goes by...

Pokédex: 14
Current Squad:
Grookey/Cheeto
lvl 13
Nickit/Kat-Kit
lvl 11
Chewtle/Snorkle
lvl 10
Rookidee/Chirpy
lvl 11
Dottler/Bleppo
lvl 11
Zigzagoon/Trash
lvl 10

No comments:

Post a Comment