Friday, November 22, 2019

Finding Destiny!

In the lobby of the hotel is where I had my first run-in with the evil gang of the title: Team Yell.  Apparently their schtick is that they are the cheerleading squad for one of those two Special NPC's: the goth chick.  I ran them out of town and met her (Marley), ready to battle, but she seemed almost apologetic about her friends' presence.  I did recognize their symbol, though, as one of the gym leader symbols that I had seen at the stadium earlier...

I attended the opening ceremony for this year's gym challenge.  There, the Chairperson, Rose, introduced the challenger as well as the gym leaders.  I loved the ceremony of it all and it really built up the leaders as being worthy of battle. I would point out, though, that only seven of the eight were present.  I am curious as to whether or not Giovanni is visiting the Galar region.

With my first gym battle waiting for me across route three, I made off to meet my destiny...
Gym leader Slow Walk
BenJScar Slow Walk
And then destiny came to visit me instead when Cheeto evolved into Thwackey. I was worried for a bit that it would become less cute when it evolves. While it certainly is not what I would call  "precious" now, I would say that it is still cute--but in a cool way. I'm still really hype on these Gen 8 designs.

I made my way across Route 3, picking up Gossifleur, RolyColy, Growlithe, and others. As much as I wanted to add Gossifleur, I already have devotion to my dedicated Grass slot, so I put her in the box.
_______________
Another addition in this game is PokeJobs. You can do a quick search for a part time job for your pokemon and send them off to manage it for a specified amount of time. I'll update what happens when I get Yamper, Wooloo, and Skwovet back tomorrow.
________________
At the end of Route 3 was Galar Mine. I was disappointed that Zubat could not be found there (yes you heard that correctly, Golbat is low key one of my favorite pokemon), so I suppose that he was on Thanos' list of cuts. I grabbed Drillbur, Roggenrola (hey I remember you from my White Version Playthrough!), and Woobat. I avoided catching Timburr because seriously fuck that pokemom.

After reorganizing my team, I stumbled across the jerk from the Gym Lobby--the one who told me off. He told me not to come closer unless I was ready to battle.


("Roundabout" plays in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment