Thursday, October 31, 2013

Enter the Fashion Police


After riding on a Rhyhorn to get to the Glittering Cave, I started poking around for the professor there who was supposed to tell me about Mega Evolutions.  This would be the fourth scientist I was sent to see about this along this crazy quest train, so my hopes were definitely not high that this would resolve my problem, especially considering that I was only sent to see this scientist, a paleontologist, because the Mega stones are technically rocks and fossils are also technically rocks.  Woohoo Pokemon logic!!!

In this cave, I found the villains of the game, Team Flare.

If Team Aqua was a caricature of a villain, then Team Flare is more of a caricature of a caricature of a typical pokemon villain, and I know this weird fractal statement makes little sense, but neither does Team Flare.  The first thing that the first Team Flare gangster said when I talked to him was that, "Team Flare's goal is to make it so we're the only ones who are happy [sic]".  It takes a seriously messed-up person to accept that they are the villain--and for Team Flare to flaunt this is even more hilarious.  At least this game doesn't have that insufferable nonsense plot about understanding others from Pokemon White version...or at least not yet...

I guess Team Flare's schtick is that they are a bunch of fashion enthusiasts who just happen to belong to a pokemon gang, so at least there is a reason for my character's friends and I to actively seek them out as some sort of crazy gang war (as we have already established that my character's friends are all Pokemon Thieves). But honestly from here I am a bit confused about what their motives would be.  Team Rocket was a true gang of thieves and smugglers, Teams Aqua and Magma each wanted to destroy the world because...well, just because...but Team Flare wants people to dress nicer?

In the end I found the professor who had no information for me about Mega Evolution at all.  He did, however, give me my choice between two Pokemon fossils for my efforts.  I guess if nothing else, this game is consistent with the previous titles.

Current Squad:
FROGADIER/Froakles/lvl.19
IVYSAUR/Ivy/lvl.18
SCRAGGY/Scrappy/lvl.18
FLABEBE/Pixie/lvl.17
PIKACHU/PikaPi/lvl.18
DODUO/Birdface/lvl.18

On Rotation: Hippopotas, Ralts

No comments:

Post a Comment