Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Sidenote: The Music of Pokemon White

Because I don't have my DS charger available at the moment (as it is still safely plugged-into the wall at my house in Vermont), I haven't been able to play much recently.


It is interesting to note that the season has changed to "Winter" in my game--and now it is Hailing everywhere I go. I was pretty surprised that this would happen--and honestly when I first saw it snowing in my game--and it was snowing outside my apartment--I was a little terrified. Turns out the weather changes every month--and April is a winter month.

As soon as I got permission to enter "Twist Mountain" by beating Skyla's flying pokemon, I set-off on my way--immediately to be stopped by Cheren, my "friend" (and rival). He was easy to beat as usual, but really I would like to bring attention to the game's music.

I'm not sure what this game is trying to pull--I mean at times the music is extremely good-- the gymleader battle theme is the best I've heard since Pokemon Gold/Silver's Kanto Gymleader battle music (trust me--click that link, its excellent). But at other times, including the battle with your rival--who is supposed to be your biggest motivation and challenge in the game--the music is just silly. Click that. I mean seriously, the music is even...plucky! Try listening to that WITHOUT thinking about clowns dancing around in a circle, falling down. I've started to just turn the sound off and hum something whenever I start a battle with Cheren or Bianca...


I keep coming across this guy with fire for hair. Whenever I do, someone around me always indirectly introduces him to me by saying something like, "Hey look its Alder! The Pokemon League Champion!" or, "Hey Alder! I heard he was the Pokemon League Champion!" because this game lacks subtlety.

He literally jumps off of Twist Mountain to give me HM Surf...now I'm not one for theatrics myself, but that is incredible service--he could not even take the time to walk down the ramp to his left because he had to get me Surf IMMEDIATELY.


I recently caught two cool pokemon and I only have room for one at this point--by replacing "Deedoon" (who hasn't been up to snuff recently). So, in my first ever community decision, I would like to ask my audience which pokemon to train of the following: Cubchoo the polar bear, or Axew the Dragon?



Current Squad:

1 comment:

  1. pick cubchoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete